Thursday, January 22, 2009

Brushes with Greatness


So i've been living vicariously through my sister-friend, brie-brie, during this whole election/inauguration celebrations. Yes that is Brie with President Obama on the night that he was elected as 44th president at Grant Park in chicago. She tirelessly helped campaign for him and has recruited many African-American celebrities. We all star gaze & get starstruck at her photo albums. It's literally the who's who.

As a journalist, she has connections like nobody's business. I mean she has told me stories about her interviews with Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Spike Lee, Rosa Parks, Jesse Jackson (she told me he wears too much cologne for his own good). She was also one of the few journalists selected by the family of Rosa Parks to attend her funeral.

Oh yeah, I still remember several years ago, when we just met that she had interviewed a young senator from Chicago and they've emailed. God. I hope she saved those.

Yes I'm gloating.

She just posted photos of the inauguration. She had front row seats and have pictures with lots of famous peeps. heh.

Listen to her here on the Chicago Public Radio talking about it.

I've teased her that my brushes with greatness are with the likes of the cast of Growing Pains, Dustin Diamond (Screech of Saved by the Bell fame), Lauren Tewes (Love Boat), and Henry Winkler, "the Fonz."

The one person I need not be ashamed to have stood elbow to elbow with --- Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard of Star Trek) after I saw him do a reading of Le Morte d'Arthur at the Cerritos library.

No comments:

Post a Comment