It seems like weddings galore this year.
One of Jack's best friend in the midwest is getting married. He asked Jack to be his best man so we will be going to Arkansas in October, I think, for a wedding. In August, we will be in Central Oregon to attend one of our old friends from Kansas --- now living near Bend, Oregon.
I'll be flying to California on the weekend of May 9th to attend Isabelle's First Communion. Holly's flying in from NY too for the occasion but we are both staying only for the weekend. No time to play, no time to see people :*(. Next time though. This trip is for our Isabelly's special day.
Still looking for work but am, as always, hopeful and have faith.
By the way, the sun is out and life is big and beautiful today.
_______________________________________
in other news, Jack and I went camping last weekend in Central Oregon to check out Smith Rock State Park - a mecca for rock climbers. Jack was like a little boy on Christmas morning. He wanted to climb the hundred of routes in the book but only had 2 days to do it. ha ha.
Here's the photo slideshow
From observation, it's always strange to be in an environment where you're one of the few people of color. There must have been hundreds of rock climbers last weekend there. I must say that rock climbing/kayaking/snowboarding and the such is a sport dominated by one race. Having been involved in these sports by association for nearly 10 years, it's just a fact. And other athletes, like Jack, will attest to it. They will wish it wasn't the case but can understand why. Some of the most open-minded people I know I met through rock climbing and kayaking trips.
Just my two cents
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment