Thursday, April 2, 2009

L.A.



Jack was sent to L.A. last minute to help prep machines for the WESTEC show and I tagged along - at the offer of his bosses. I use to work with his supervisor during the Ellison days and whenever Jack is sent to Cali, he mentions that I tag along...knowing I have family there.

It was last minute and was pretty much stationed in the heart of downtown. This was very okay with me. Usually when I visit, it's in the Orange County area and never have an opportunity to go to L.A. ---so I walked everywhere. We also had opportunities to spend with our immediate families. Dinner with the 'rents, and the sister and her family, and Jack's brother Jeff - who drove from San Diego to spend a day with us.

We're both a bit under the weather when we returned to Seattle. Jack got the flu/fever but is doing so much better now. I got a little gift of a canker sore on my tongue that is the most painful thing to have ever. Eating is painful --- for a foodie, it's like the worst thing to have. Can we say geriatric foods? Sigh. They say the healing time is 1-3 weeks. I just hope it's closer to a week... even drinking liquids hurt. Whine. Whine. Whine. But on a scale of 1-10 pain-wise...it's a 10+.

I'll get over it though.

I'm returning to Huntington Beach from May 8-11 for Isabelle's First Communion. Holly is flying in from NY too. A little short family reunion for our Isabelly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment